Flashback – Round 2 – AMA/FIM Supercross Series 2011 – PhoenixNov 28
We now look back at Round 2 of the 2011 AMA Supercross Series Championship. It was January 15 in Phoenix. Below is the original article as it appeared that night on Supercross.com
James Stewart wins the Phoenix Supercross premiere class Main Event! His first victory in over one year! Josh Hansen wins 250 West Supercross Main. Round 2 of Supercross 2011, an AMA / FIM World Championship at Chase Field in Phoenix!
Another beautiful day – sunshine and warm temps during the day in the ‘Valley of the Sun’. Fastest qualifier in the premiere Supercross class – James Stewart with a 48.4 second lap time. Next in lap times – Ryan Villopoto, Trey Canard, Ivan Tedesco, Ryan Dungey, Justin Brayton, Austin Stroupe on a Yamaha, Kevin Windham, Josh Grant, Thomas Hahn, and Chad Reed.
After very patriotic opening ceremonies, and in what looks to be a completely filled stadium – just like last week in Anaheim, 250 Heat 1 takes off at 7:47pm local time. The leader? Former World MX 2 Motocross Champion Tyla Rattray! Kyle Cunningham, number 35 on Yamaha gives chase. But Rattray holds on to win! Kyle Cunningham second, Ryan Marmont from Australia third, Antonio Balbi fourth. Ken Roczen 19th due to a crash. Tyla Rattray is looking good so far in his first season of supercross.
- 2011 Paris Bercy Supercross Day 3 – Kyle Chisholm is King of Bercy Supercross
- 2011 Valencia Post-Race Day 2 Round Up – The Season Is Over, The Void Awaits
- Television schedule for 2012 AMA Supercross Series, an FIM World Championship
- RJ Says: 1985 LA Coliseum Supercross video – part 1
- The Moto: Inside the Outdoors. Season 3: “RedBud National”
- RJ Says: Give me a break in between supercross and motocross
- Ashley Fiolek Extends Contract With American Honda Racing Factory Team For 2011
- 2011 Jerez Combined MotoGP And Moto2 Test Day 1 Unofficial Times: Moto2 Faster Than CRT Bikes, Matching WSBK